Safe shoveling tips for Rochester, NY Residents
We at Callahan’s are here for you to provide professional snow plowing in Greece NY, Irondequoit NY, Rochester NY, Webster NY, Fairport NY, Penfield NY, and Ptssford NY. If you decide to shovel your own driveway this winter we are here for you too. Callahan’s has complied a list of 8 tips you should read before picking up a shovel this winter in Rochester, NY.
Snow Shoveling Safety Tips:
- If you are not physically fit enough to shovel 8 to 15 inches of snow, call a Rochester NY snow plow company.
- Warm up and stretch your muscles before you start shoveling.
- Use a smaller light weight shovel to make the job physically manageable. Light weight plastic shovels area great option.
- Dress in layers to stay warm when clearing your driveway on snow.
- Keep a slow and steady pace, its not a race to the end of the driveway. Slow and steady gets the job done and keeps you safe.
- Don’t twist, face where you are shoveling and move the snow forward . Snow should never be thrown over your sholder.
- Take frequent breaks and stay hydrated. Do not drink alcoholic beverages stick to water ( especially today on Superbowl Sunday)